Mushroom Coconut Rice
Simple but very rich rice that you can add your favourite vegetables to. The soy sauce and mushrooms create awesome umami flavours while the coconut milk creates silky smooth rice.
Broccoli (or other veg)
2 TBL sp
ca. 30 g
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Dice onion and mince garlic
- Cut mushrooms into slices
- Cut broccoli into small florets
- Rinse the rice under cold water (this helps to avoid sticky rice)
Sauté onion and mushrooms
high heat ~3 min
~20 min at 200°C
Boil water for stock (300 ml)
Reduce heat and add garlic and ginger
medium heat, until mushrooms have shrunk ~3 min
Add rice and soy sauce
Add chickpeas, coconut milk and stock (together the liquid needs to cover the rice with about 1,5 cm)
Bring to boil. Then reduce heat to simmer and put on the lid. ~15 min
Taste towards the end and add more water if necessary.
- Replace chickpeas with another source of protein like beans
- Replace broccoli with other vegetables
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.